onsdag 21 september 2016

Introduction

My name is Linus Styrén and I am an upper secondary school student with an interest in electronics and computers. I like to share what I have learnt with others and try to challenge myself in order to become better. I think of myself as an enthusiast. I've built a few cool projects with electronics and programming. My favourite platforms are the Arduino and Raspberry Pi.

I have some experience with the Arduino UNO, I own one of them and I've built a few pretty neat projects using them. Here is a youtube video showing a basic RTTL player using an Arduino UNO:
I also own several RPis which I use for various projects, I've turned one into a basic home theater system. Also I've used three RPis for a more advanced bird feeder application (which has a website). This project was started in the autumn of 2014 and has been on continous development ever since on and off (I have not been working on it for a while however). I had a basic idea to create an autonomous bird feeder capable of recording videos of birds. It has expanded into a relatively complex proejct with time as it has been equipped with more and more peripherals and more functions has been implemented. Here is a photo of what it looks like:
My most recent project using a Raspberry Pi (and an ATtiny85 microcontroller) was a timelapse device running from a battery. It uses a RTC module so it can keep track of the time. It also has a builtin temperature sensor apparently so I use that to log the temperature for every picture which is captured. It runs on a 12V 4.5Ah battery and uses the microcontroller to toggle the battery on and off periodically every 5 minutes. I regulate the voltage down to 5V which powers RPi zero. The RPi captures a picture and writes that to the sdcard along with the current time and temperature. I've got it to draw extremely little power so the battery lasts for approximently 2 months straight.

I'm planning on writing an instructables for this project which hopefully will be released in the start of October. But as a sneak peek, here is what my timelapse project looks like as of right now (more pictures will be released in a later blogpost when I have made the instructables for the project):

Looks really aesthetically pleasing with the pink micro USB cable, doesn't it? :)

I also regularily participate in the Ludum Dare game jam competition. If you don't know what that is, you can read about it here. I use Unity3D for my games because that gives me a lot more time focusing on the actual game itself, and not so much on the game engine. Take a look at some of my games here. Or you can try my latest game for LD36 which I published on gamejolt.

Until next blogpost, have a good day!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar