måndag 14 november 2016

Timelapse device is not entirely waterproof..

So I've had my timelapse device recording for about a month now, and it's been exposed to a lot of rain and snow. Unfortunately quite a lot of water got into the box and because it was cold outside it froze.

I did expect there to be some water in the box as I've seen in previous experiments but this time it covered the whole bottom including the ATtiny85 microcontroller and LM2596 buck converter. Here are some pictures:

I will certainly have to improve some things to make the device more waterproof. Some ideas I have in mind:
  • Drain the water from the bottom by drilling small holes.
  • Put the electronics on the side of the box
  • Try to seal the box better
It's an interesting challenge to make it weatherproof. Luckily the RPi zero and camera seem to be fine, but for some reason the sd card seems corrupt. I can't access the recorded images, which is really unfortunate.

Thanks for reading my post, for now I've gotta go drill some holes!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar